Dear Parents of SC Vistula,
We hope that you are all staying healthy. We would like to send you another update today, so you can be aware of what is going on in the club and what are the plans for the future.
We obviously have to maneuver within the regulation of the Federal and local authorities as well as US Soccer governing bodies. As of today we can share the following:
- We will not be able to start practicing and playing game until at least May 15, 2020 with the possibility of that period being extended to June 1 or even further.
- Northern Counties League canceled its Spring 2020 season. No decision has been made for EDP or Alliance Soccer leagues.
- The Board of the club is currently working on three different scenarios and their organizational and financial implications to the Club and the parents / players
- starting the season on Jun 1
- starting the season on Jul 1
- canceling the spring season
The plan and its financial implications will be presented to all parents next week
- We are also working on the plan for the registration for the 2020/21 soccer season
- Meeting of all coaches was held yesterday and we agreed on the club-wise plan for the next weeks during which, we still cannot practice together:
- all coaches will be sending 2 practice plans to their teams asking players and parents to practice on their own
- all coaches are required to stay in touch with their teams via zoom meetings
- we would like all coaches to come up with different challenges for their teams, so we can make sure that teams / players stick together
Lastly, we realize that current situation might have effected many of you harder than it was anticipated. We would like to let you know the Club is here to help. If you are struggling in any way: financially, mentally or if you have any problems getting any articles of the daily need such as food or anything else – please know that we are one family. We are here to help and will do all in our power to extend helping hand to any SC Vistula family members. Please do not be shy to ask – we are here for you. You can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-606-5278.
Stay healthy. We cannot wait to see you back on the field.
The Board of SC Vistula.