On behalf of the Garfield REC Department and SC Vistula we would like to welcome you to the 2018 Fall season of REC soccer. Please read the following set of instructions carefully, so we can make sure that we run the program in the most organized way.
· The program will start on Tuesday – September 4, 2018 and will last for 8 consecutive weeks. The classes will be held each Tuesday and Thursday from 6 pm to 7 pm and from 7 pm to 8 pm.
· If your child was born between 2014 and 2011 – the class will start at 6 pm. For kids born in 2010 and older – the sessions will start at 7 pm. We will be able to accommodate reasonable request of changing the start time, but all of them will be handled on individual basis. Please do not email or call about it. It will be discussed in person at the first session.
· All practices will be held at the 20th Century Field – located at 60 Elizabeth Street in Garfield
· Please make sure that you remember about the following:
· You need to arrive 10 minutes early, so we can start classes on time
· All kids need to bring their own ball (size 3 or 4) and wear outdoor turf soccer shoes. They need to have soccer socks and shin guards. Kids will receive 2 jerseys (white and purple) at the first practice.
· Please make sure that kids bring a lot of water (no sugar drinks, sodas, or juices are allowed). No snacks of aby sort are permitted on the field
· Parents are not permitted on the field at any time. If you need to discuss something with the coach – please talk to the sessions coordinator (coach Peter Sala or coach Dariusz Wesolowski) as we do not allow any interruptions during the practice.
· Please note that sessions will not take place on Thursday – Sep 6, 2018 due to the already scheduled football game. We will advise you of a make-up time for this session.
· There are going to be REC league games held for ages 2008 up older. The games are going to be held in Garfield, Saddle Brook and Elmwood Park. We will discuss the schedule and participation with the parents on Tuesday.
· If we need to cxl the session due to the weather conditions – you will be notified via email (not a text msg) and the cancellation information will be posted on scvistulagarfield.com. All sessions canceled due to the weather will be made up.
If you have any additional questions or concerns – please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to begin a new soccer season.
The REC Department of the City of Garfield / SC Vistula Garfield Board & Coaches